Sunday, June 2, 2013

Inspiration: 70.3

When we lived in Madison, WI, I remember being stopped in traffic thanks to a 5K. I wasn't a runner. I wasn't even working out. As the runners ran by, I remember thinking, "Next year. Next year I'll do that." I'll start running tomorrow.

This happened several times. Even on the day of the Wisconsin Marathon. "Maybe I'll start running this week. I'd like to run a marathon."

If I did start running the next day, or the next week, it never last more than a day or a week or so. I knew the importance of exercise and a healthy lifestyle, but I couldn't make it happen.

Today, I'm taking the family out to cheer for the 70.3 Ironman (notice I am NOT calling it a Half!!).



I am already starting to think, "Maybe in a year or two or three. If I could just master the swimming."

The difference this time is that I believe it's attainable. I have found the formula. Set a goal (for me it has to be a race). Find a training schedule. Don't miss a scheduled training. If you miss a training, make it up. If things aren't going well, talk to your coaches or mentors. I've even found a swim coach.

I can't wait to cheer for the triathletes today and get some photos. But mostly, I can't wait to be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment